Submission deadline: CLOSED
Notification of acceptance: October 28, 2017
Human-level automatic summarization is one of the challenges of AI. Automatic text summarization has been studied for over a half century mainly in the natural language processing area. In recent years, we have witnessed increasing adoption of techniques of AI and other computing areas for summarization research and some successful applications in industry such as summarizing Web search results and automatic composition of news. Big data generated in the cyber-physical-social space have raised new requirements and provided new conditions for developing summarization research. Automatic summarization is one of the techniques for processing big data. It is a critical time to think about the fundamental problems, methodology, and research paradigm. This special issue is to call for research initiatives toward the next generation summarization and accelerate the formation of the new research paradigm in the age of big data and a cyber-physical society.
Topics (not limited to):
- Summarization based on understanding, semantics and knowledge
- Summarization of data, texts, images, videos, audios and hybrid media
- Discovering dimensions and semantic links on things to support advanced summarization
- Summarization through interactions in cyber-physical-social space
- Theories, models, principles and methods for summarization of things
- Linguistics, psychology, and cognition aspects of summarization
- Successful applications of various summarization methods
The word limit of submissions is between 3,000 and 5,400 words (counting a standard figure or table as 200 words) and should follow IEEE Intelligent Systems style and presentation guidelines (www.computer.org/intelligent/author). All submissions will be peer-reviewed following standard journal practices. The manuscripts cannot have been published or be currently submitted for publication elsewhere.
We strongly encourage submissions that include audio, video, and community content, which will be featured on the IEEE Computer Society website along with the accepted papers.
Please submit your article using the online manuscript submission service at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cs-ieee. When uploading your article, select the appropriate special-issue title under the category “Manuscript Type.” Also include complete contact information for all authors. If you have any questions about submitting your article, contact the peer review coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission: August 28, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: October 28, 2017
Hai Zhuge and Yorick Wilks
Contact Hai Zhuge at: email@example.com