IEEE Micro, a bimonthly publication of the IEEE Computer Society, reaches an international audience of microcomputer and microprocessor designers, system integrators, and users. Readers want to increase their technical knowledge and learn the latest industry trends.
IEEE Micro is seeking a new editor-in-chief for the 2019-2021 term. Prospective candidates are asked to provide a PDF file containing a complete curriculum vitae, a brief plan for the publication’s future, and a letter of support from their institution or employer. The official press release is available at https://www.computer.org/web/pressroom/eic-for-2019-2021.
+++ Application deadline: March 1, 2018 +++
For questions and to submit application materials, please contact Cathy Martin at email@example.com.
Candidates should possess a good understanding of industry, academic, and government aspects in IEEE Micro’s scope. In addition, candidates must demonstrate the managerial skills necessary to process manuscripts through the editorial cycle in a timely fashion. An editor-in-chief in this volunteer position must be able to attract respected experts to his or her editorial board. Major responsibilities include
• actively soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors and, with support from publication staff, helping these authors get their manuscripts published;
• identifying and appointing editorial board members, with the concurrence of the Publications Board;
• selecting competent manuscript reviewers, with the help of editorial board members, and managing timely reviews of manuscripts;
• directing editorial board members to seek special-issue proposals and manuscripts in specific areas;
• providing a clear, broad focus through promotion of personal vision and guidance where appropriate; and
• resolving conflicts or problems as necessary.
Applicants should possess recognized expertise in the computer science and engineering community, and must have clear employer support.