Submission deadline: CLOSED
Publication date: January–March 2018
Society is increasingly relying on pervasive computing technologies in all domains. However, there is still a great need to ensure that these technologies are useful and usable for populations with sensory, motor, and cognitive impairments.
The aim of this special issue is to explore technologies related to all aspects of accessibility in pervasive computing. Relevant topics for this special issue include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accessibility for pervasive computing technologies, such as smartphones, wireless sensors, wearable computers, RFIDs, and cameras
- Assistive technologies for specific pervasive computing domains, such as smart homes, smart cars, healthcare, or urban computing
- Tools, platforms, and user models to help developers improve assistive technologies in ubicomp systems
- Improving accessibility for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- 3D fabrication for assistive technologies
- Experiences with assistive technologies for deployed ubicomp systems
- Assistive technologies to help users with privacy and security
- Pervasive computing technology and policy issues
- New business processes and models involving ubicomp and assistive technologies
- New approaches for managing and offering accessibility, both for users and for organizations offering services
The guest editors invite original and high-quality submissions addressing all aspects of this field, as long as the connection to the focus topic is clear and emphasized. Review or summary articles—for example critical evaluations of the state of the art, or insightful analysis of established and up-coming technologies—may be accepted if they demonstrate academic rigor and relevance.
Submissions should be 4,000 to 6,000 words long and should follow the magazine’s guidelines on style and presentation. For general author guidelines or submission details, see www.computer.org/pervasive/author.htm or email@example.com.
To submit your article to our online peer-review system, go to Manuscript Central at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pc-cs.
To present works-in-progress directly to the community, visit our Reddit community: www.reddit.com/r/pervasivecomputing.
SPECIAL ISSUE GUEST EDITORS
Kyle Rector, University of Iowa
Khai Truong, University of Toronto
Jason Hong, Carnegie Mellon University
For more information, contact the guest editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.